Growing In Prayer
This is an outline of what is needed to grow in prayer. More detail and links to more detail will be added later.
To grow in prayer we must continue doing the things we started going in Getting Started.
- We need to continue putting on God’s armor.
- We need to continue asking God to send his Spirit of Truth to guide us into all the truth. (Asking God to send the Spirit of Truth to guide us into specific truth - like the truth of prayer and growing in prayer - is also a very good thing to do.)
We need to add two more things to grow in prayer.
- We need to grow in knowledge of prayer, the process of prayer, the power of God, God’s will, and how we function.
- We need to apply that knowledge to change how we function - change the nature of our being.
Key Areas to Change to Grow in Prayer
- Faith to Overcome Doubt
- Will of God
- God not withholding
- Power of God applied in prayer
- Process of prayer
- Results possible
- Path for specific prayer
- To will and to do his will
- To submit our will
How Do We Make Those Changes?
- Giving and Receiving
- Measuring - value, truth
- Spirit of Truth
- Fear of the Lord
- Sowing and Reaping
- Uprooting and Casting Out